[TYPO3-project-formidable] UPLOAD or FILE renderlet

Jerome Schneider typo3dev at ameos.com
Tue Oct 23 12:07:57 CEST 2007

Hi Manuel,

renderlet:UPLOAD is meant to deal only with file upload, but offers more
possibilities in file handling

use renderlet:UPLOAD like:

<renderlet:UPLOAD name="myfile" label="My file">
     <data
         targetdir="/var/www/typo3/uploads/"
         overwrite="true|false"
         cleanfilename="true|false"
         multiple="true|false"
    />
</renderlet:UPLOAD>

It can overwrite if file exists or rename it,
clean file name if weird chars are found,
allow field to contain multiple files, comma-separated value

If multiple, it can be combined with a renderlet:LISTER via a
datasource:PHPARRAY to handle file list ( delete, view, ... )

Plus if an error is triggered in one validator:FILE on this renderlet,
file won't be associated nor kept on server.

Best regards,
Jerome Schneider