[TYPO3-project-formidable] Skins: My renderlet wants a new dress

Jerome Schneider j.schneider at ameos.com
Thu Jun 28 17:58:19 CEST 2007

Hello,

We implemented in latest SVN rev (71) an *experimental* concept of skins
appliable to renderlets, for a nice look out-of-the-box, pursuing the
concept of RAD.

You can have a preview here:
http://www.ameos.com/formidable/features/skins.html

It works quite well as-is. The main idea is that a skin is a manifest
referencing resources, like stylesheets, javascript, images,
HTML-templates, whatever ...

For the moment, we have only one skin named bigblue, defining a look
only for the renderlet:BUTTON ( whereas a skin may define looks for all
renderlets )

I think it would be cool to have some sets of skins like bigblue,
bigorange, bigred, tinyblue, tinyclear, ... to fit the needs of most
peoples.

Skins can also be included in your extensions, let's say, to re-usably
alter the way renderlets are rendered for all your own projects with
formidable.

2 questions there:
  -> is it worth the effort ? would you need this ?
  -> who would like to help producing nice xhtml+css skins for form
elements ?

Please feedback !
Jerome Schneider