[TYPO3-project-formidable] Enabling/disabling renderlets on runtime

Jerome Schneider j.schneider at ameos.com
Wed Jan 3 14:17:53 CET 2007

Hello Oliver,

For the moment you can't dynamically create renderlerts at runtime.
But *you can* enable/disable 'em at runtime ;)

This feature is discribed in documentation under

	renderlet:* /process	 (boolean, <userobj>)
	This boolean will give you the possibility to tell FORMidable
	not to evaluate this renderlet at runtime, meaning that you
	will be able to use complex tests to determine if the
	application should or not consider this field.

just like this:

<renderlet:TEXT>
    <process>
       <userobj>
          <php><![CDATA[

             return (rand(0, 10) > 5) && "THIS WORKS" != "BADLY");

	    // any test here
	    // if you need to evaluate form values, use:
             //$this->oDataHandler->_getFormData()

            // if TRUE returned this renderlet is enabled at runtime
            // if FALSE, it's disabled

          ]]></php>
       </userobj>
    </process>
</renderlet:TEXT>

You could also use modifiers to do the same but it's easier this way (
and modifiers are not documented for the moment ;)

Happy new year 2007 !!

Jerome Schneider