[TYPO3-project-formidable] Own classes

Christian Hagenah christian at hagenah.de
Mon Dec 3 15:39:09 CET 2007

Hi,

because I need a little bit uncommon functionality I'm writing an own
datahandler, renderer, ...

1. It looks like I can only add one class per extension. I'm using in
ext_localconf.php

==============
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["EXTCONF"]["ameos_formidable"]["declaredobjects"]["datahandlers"]["MYDATAHANDLER"]
= array(
"key" => "user_myext",
"base" => FALSE);
==============

Then the file of the class must be
"ext/user_myext/api/class.tx_usermyext.php" and the name of the class in the
file "tx_usermyext". As the file name and the class name are derived only
from the extension name: how can I add more than one class per extension?

2. As I was only able to add one class per extension I tried to extend
existing formidable classes e.g. tx_rdrstd using the XCLASS feature. I'm
using in ext_localconf.php

==============
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["XCLASS"]["ext/ameos_formidable/api/base/rdr_std/api/class.tx_rdrstd.php"]
= t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY,"api/class.ux_tx_rdrstd.php");

But this only worked after I added a

global $TYPO3_CONF_VARS;

near the end in
ext/ameos_formidable/api/base/rdr_std/api/class.tx_rdrstd.php. Why doesn't
it work without this line? How can I do it without modifying the formidable
class files (as I would have to apply the patch to each new version again)?

Best regards,
Christian Hagenah