[TYPO3-project-formidable] Usage of the LABEL renderlet

Jerome Schneider typo3dev at ameos.com
Tue Aug 1 14:14:34 CEST 2006

Hello Jeremy

Yes, that's a mistake that i've made when creating LABEL renderlet :(

What about using both/either  <label> and <data><value/</data> properties ?

The biggest problem for us now in the improvement of formidable is backwards
compatibility.

Cheers :D

"Jérémy Lecour" <jeremy.lecour at gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
mailman.9419.1153749968.4326.typo3-project-formidable at lists.netfielders.de...
I don't know if I'm right, but i understand that I can set my forms
not to output elements labels :
<displaylabels>true</displaylabels>

If I do this, elements don't show their label and I have the
possibility to put them on my page manually in the template or using
the LABEL renderlet.

I think I miss something in it's usage ; I see that I have to give it
a (classic) data array with items, each one with a couple
value/caption, and I also have to give a "defaultvalue" node to tell
the renderlet wich of the items has to be output. I also can avoid it
by giving one item in my array, with a 0 value, in this case, this
item is automatically chosen.

I don't undestand why it is usefaull to give an array of items if the
only possibility to chose between them is through a userObj function.
It would be very good if I could put something like this in my template
<form>
{labels[1]}  {my_element_1}<br />
{labels[2]}  {my_element_2}<br />
…
</form>
by adding a [1] after the name of the renderlet it could output the
1st element in the data array, so I could have only 1 LABEL element in
my XML containing all my labels, manually or by-function chosen.

If this is impossible, it could be a lot simplier to have a renderlet
that could be configured like this :
<renderlet:LABEL name="test_label">
<label>LLL:EXT:my_ext/locallang_db.xml:tx_myext.test</label>
</renderlet:LABEL>

--
Jérémy Lecour : <mailto:jeremy.lecour at gmail.com>
webdesigner, webmaster et développeur web