[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] split token for TCA override

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Thu Jan 20 12:06:22 CET 2011

Am 20.01.11 11:50, schrieb Nico de Haen:
> Since there are no settings for Configuration and subfolders, the
> default is applied (which means "Overwrite")
>
> You need something like:
>
>    Classes:
>      Controller: merge
>      Domain:
>        Model: merge
>        Repository: merge
>
>    Configuration:
>      TCA: merge
>

> or more specific
>
>    Configuration:
>      TCA:
>        Games.php: merge
>
> Then the split token is processed.
>
> If you want, you can make a suggestion how this could be explained more
> clear in the WIKI.
>
> regards,
> Nico

Oh I see!
I read
"Other php files (like TCA, ext_tables.php etc.) have a different
concept. Below the defaults that are generated each time you save, there
is a special token.
## KICKSTARTER DEFAULTS END TOKEN - Everything BEFORE this line is
overwritten with the defaults of the kickstarter
Below this token you can add anything you want (and thus overwrite
defaults). The same applies to the ext_tables.sql file. "

-> thought that would be the default behaviour.
So maybe a doc improvement would be to add another line, something like:
"You have to configure the kickstarter to make use of the split token.
Set your directory/file to 'merge'"
Or something like that.

But in general I m really impressed by the good documentation, and it's
really cool that the kickstarter tries to "talk" with you (notifies you
about the configuration file,...)

Amazing work Nico!

--
Best Regards