[TYPO3-doc] Best practice 'document your extension'

Carsten Rose support at math.uzh.ch
Sun May 7 18:34:05 CEST 2017

Hi All

we're just starting with our first official Typo3 extension and are a little bit lost in the Typo3 Documentation universe.

We've requested and received a 'Documentation Starter Project' on github - thanks, a lot.
A first version of the documents are uploaded and rendered - nice, thanks.

But how is the overall concept?

Is there still a local (inside the extension zip file) HTML rendered documentation in the concept?
* No: how shall we document different extension versions?
* Yes: How do we get the HTML rendered doc in there?

Will be a local documentation only visible if there is an additional extension (sphinx viewer?) installed? Which one?

Thanks a lot.

CU
Carsten