[TYPO3-doc] Rolling: t3SphinxThemeRtd

Martin Bless martin.bless at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:41:14 CEST 2015

Hi folks,
hi Fabien,

In detail:

I'm fiercely determined to make some progress happen in the near
future. The plan is to deploy a modern and complete Sphinx theme.
And by doing that a lot of problems should vanish all the same so
we can close most of those old bug tickets. And search shall work
and Solr and Discourse and ...

With this post I switch from personal mails to public
communication as this seems more effective. So as we are in the
middle of an ongoing communication not everything will be
explained since Adam and Eve. Feel free to ask.

- I have cloned the ReadTheDocs-Theme [Sphinx_RTD_Theme] as our
new theme [t3SphinxThemeRtd].

- In the github/TYPO3-Documentation account I've created a team
"design" so that we can add designers to that team and that team
to that repo.

- I'm in contact with Fabian Stein from the Marketing and the
Design team. The plan is that they care about giving that theme a
fresh TYPO3 look.

- I'll meet with Fabian for a "kickoff hangout" at May 28, 2015.

- The cool thing about the RTD-theme is that it is specially
crafted to work with the usual output of the Sphinx renderer. And
it comes with demo pages that demonstrate how the various
constructs of the reST markup look like. Saves a lot of
preparation work as the ToDos for a designer are already
specified. And we can start right away in parallel. And it's
responsive, integrates the in page targes into the main menu, has
a flyout menu at the bottom left, search works, and and and.

- Ah, and, BTW, I plan to add that autocompletion feature in the
search box which I find very handy. It contains all the wordstems
that Sphinx actually has indexed for a given project. You can try
that in my [mbless/blog]. I love it.

cu!

Martin

[Sphinx_RTD_Theme]