[TYPO3-doc] Where have I been?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu May 7 14:38:13 CEST 2015

Hi all,

At the end of 2014, as announced, I resigned from my position as leader
of the Documentation Team. I then more or less dropped out of sight,
which is not very cool. I thought I would give you some news after that
moment of silence.

So where have I been?

It was harder than expected to hold on to my promise and stay as team
leader until the announced end. When it was finally over, I felt drained
and shied away from any TYPO3 work (except at my day job and some small
bug fixing on several extensions of mine). Actually in March I felt
exhausted and my doctor actually put me on leave for six weeks. During
this break I didn’t write a single line of code (indeed my local
development environment dropped dead on me, which I took as a sign to
stay off coding).

I needed the break. And still need it. I’m doing a bit of work on some
of my extensions. I may do a bit of documentation fixes in the near
future, but nothing more.

One never knows in advance about the twists and turns of life, but I’m
currently not really looking in the direction of more TYPO3 involvement,
except as part of my day job. In my free time I have been meditating
quite a bit, doing some handicraft and starting to train myself in
NonViolent Communication. I will definitely invest myself more deeply
into the latter in the coming months.

So while you may see me pop up here and there every now and then, don’t
expect much in terms of serious and continuous contributions.

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -
http://www.monpetitcoin.com/en/francois/support-me/