[TYPO3-doc] Fragmented wiki.typo3.org

Daniel Alder dalder at snowflake.ch
Fri Mar 28 09:37:11 CET 2014

Hi François

Thanks for your replay!

So the main source to contribute should be here?
https://git.typo3.org/Documentation/ (docs.typo3.org)

So do you have any kind of a guideline what should be done in docs and
what on wiki?

So as you mentioned, "Fluid" and "Extbase" are some kind of exceptions? ;)
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki
http://wiki.typo3.org/Fluid

Don't get me wrong, i just try to understand what kind of rules you try
to follow ;)

Am I right with the following sentence, the main purpose is...
- ...docs.typo3.org should be the place of the "official" documents
- ...wiki.typo3.org should be a place to unite the community stuff and
adding any kinds of additions to "support" the docs

So in fact:
You do not have any doubts about "restructuring" as soon as the old
contents are not effected or at least a better alternative is available?

Beside, I fear the bigger amount of effort to contributing small pieces
to the docs, keeps people from sharing knowledge. IMMO the wiki is still
more suitable for this.

Anyway, you did a great job with the ReST docs!

Thanks again!
Daniel