[TYPO3-doc] PDF rendering question / request for review

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jan 15 09:36:11 CET 2014

Hi,

> Quote: Xavier Perseguers (xperseguers) wrote on Fri, 10 January 2014 14:44
>> I guess I know why all tables are broken while you "painted" them and
>> the strange LaTeX markup that is being generated. You used "+" character
>> as cell separator whereas the reST syntax tells us to use "|" (pipes).
>
> Gah. The worst things is, that the syntax we used works fine when not
> trying to render to PDF.

Yes I know, Sphinx lets you use many syntax to achieve the same goal but
the LaTeX writer is more strict as the LaTeX markup itself is sometimes
tricky to master (a single space may have unexpected results in some
complex situations).

Especially for tables where it's so easy to break the output. What I've
seen in your generated markup is that "somehow" the +'s generated
multirow content for each row, resulting into some hell-recursion for
the parser.

I would highly suggest, moreover for such a large document, to locally
test the PDF rendering.

Cheers
Xavier

--