[TYPO3-doc] PDF rendering question / request for review

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Jan 9 15:43:00 CET 2014

Hi,

> I created this change to enable PDF rendering for the Flow guide:
> https://review.typo3.org/26722
>
> Could someone check this (instead of doing merge-trial-error)? I could
> not find what relevance the "extension key" has - and since Flow doesn't
> have one, I just made something up...

Not that easy to test without the merged change since the git repository
is "hard reset" during rendering to ensure no local modif is taken into
account.

cron_rebuild.conf on server is that:

PROJECT=TYPO3.Flow

for branch 2.0

and

PROJECT=typo3.flow

for master branch

As such, you should end up with a generated file "TYPO3.Flow.tex" or
"typo3.flow.tex" whereas your change request does this:

  latex_documents:
    - typo3-flow.tex
    - TYPO3 Flow PHP Framework
    - TYPO3 Flow team
    - manual

thus looking for "typo3-flow.tex". Obviously this looks wrong and could
easily explain why you don't get your PDF rendered.

But as said, without the LaTeX part merged, hard for me to further
debug, my tests are done locally with EXT:sphinx and not with the same
scripts as on docs.typo3.org.

> Also the YAML indentation seems weird, with the latex_documents
> "subpart" not being indented - but that is how it's documented as well
> as present in some manuals on git.typo3.org.

It's correct. I know it looks strange but this is how the Python2YAML
parser transforms this conf.py setting:

latex_documents = [
  ('Index', 'Projectname.tex', u'Project name Documentation',
   u'Author name(s)', 'manual'),
]

You have a list of tuples and as such this strange double dash for first
entry...

Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!