[TYPO3-doc] Pull requests dashboard

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Dec 17 22:27:58 CET 2014

Hi all,

Ever since we moved the official manuals to GitHub, I felt that we
needed some kind of overview of all pull requests, since it was not easy
to follow them across so many repositories. I had the idea of creating
some kind of dashboard, using the GitHub API. Having recently worked
quite intensively with DataTables [1] (also used in the TYPO3 CMS Core
for some backend modules), I had all the knowledge in my hands to proceed.

Without further ado, here's the result:

http://docs.typo3.org/~fsuter/dashboard/

By, default the list only shows open pull requests, but you can change
the filter at the bottom of the status column. All columns are sortable,
the whole table is searchable, and a filter also exists for the projects
column.

The nice thing is that it shows that we already received 121 pull
requests since moving to GitHub and that only 3 are not yet handled
(with one dating only from today). We can give ourselves a pat on the
back for this achievement!

What remains to be done:

- find a proper place for that script: I just dumped it into my home
directory, but that's not really appropriate. May I let those who toy
the most with the server find a more suitable place?

- store the script in a Git repo: do we have an existing Git repository
(either on git.typo3.org or GitHub) where that script would fit? As far
as I remember, we have one for all "glue pages", but that may not be
appropriate.

Enjoy!

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/