[TYPO3-doc] use Git, Gerrit, etc. without publishing parts of a documentation at docs.typo3.org

Michael Schams typo3ml at schams.net
Sat Sep 14 11:54:49 CEST 2013

On 14/09/13 19:12, François Suter wrote:

>> I wonder, what is the best way to work on an official documentation
>> (e.g. the Security Guide), use a repository at git.typo3.org but *not*
>> having a change merged and published at docs.typo3.org immediatly?
>
> I'm not sure if there's an easy way to avoid this. However maybe
> versions can help. [...]
> So I guess this could help you. The current version would be "stable"
> and the new one "latest". So people would not unknowingly stumble on
> incomplete work.

Hi Francois - thanks for your feedback. Well, this would be an option,
but (incomplete) documentation will still be "visible" publicly and for
example possibly accessed by search engines.

> That being said, this requires some manual setup which Martin usually
> did, but now he's away to T3SAIL. Maybe Xavier can set it up, I'm not
> sure I know how.

Do not worry, I do not have an urgent need for that. Maybe it's easier
to create a "collective" ticket on forge.typo3.org, work with a local
Git repo and submit the finalised version (the new chapter) under this
ticket. As long as I am the only one who works on this doc, it should
work this way.

Cheers
Michael