[TYPO3-doc] Why I like to write documentation

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Sun Mar 31 18:21:50 CEST 2013

Hi.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Whenever possible, I use BDD [1] with Behat/Mink [2] to focus my mind on
requirements and behavior of a software before starting to code.

Writing feature descriptions and corresponding scenarios with gherkin
[3] helps to think about software from a stakeholders point of view
(non-technical). It also allows you to communicate your software to the
stakeholder. Finally you can execute your scenarios and see if your code
does what it is expected to.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavior-driven_development
[2] http://behat.org/
[3] http://docs.behat.org/guides/1.gherkin.html