[TYPO3-doc] Updating version in documentation

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Mar 20 10:52:00 CET 2013

Hello,

> I always want to have the version given within in the documentation
> synchronized with the version of the extension.
>
> Even if I automatically set the version from ext_emconf.php during
> documentation rendering on clientside,  the version of the extension is
> incemented during upload to TER by the uploader and the version in the
> docs is behind.

I must admit I don't really get the problem. Here's my workflow as I tag
each version of my extensions I send to the TER:

1) Commit as usual
2) Extension is ready, raise version in ext_emconf.php, together with a
ChangeLog line "[TASK] Raise version to x.y.z"
3) Commit this change, extension is ready to be uploaded
4) Lower the version in ext_emconf.php to something like e.g.,
x.y.(z-1), DO NOT COMMIT
5) Upload my ext to the TER, version is back again to the "correct"
value, only md5 checksums did change
6) Commit change in md5 checksums as "[TASK] Update md5 checksums"
7) Finally tag trunk as tags/x.y.z in SVN (or git or whatever)

I agree, it's a bit convoluted but not that much and thus I don't get
why synchronizing the version in the doc would be complicated.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6