[TYPO3-doc] README.rst vs. Documentation/Index.rst

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jun 19 18:42:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

>instead I changed the builder_script to symlink README.html as index.html.

Good idea! I had come to the same solution, because I didn't want
to add README.html to the Apache's "DirectoryIndex" option. When I
wanted to do it it was already there and I couldn't remember I had
done it ... Well, nice. I've enhanced that script here once more:
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/contexts_wurfl/latest/_make/cron_rebuild.sh

It checks for "./Documentation/Index.rst" and "./README.rst".
Unfortunately that's only have way to go, because the "T3DOCDIR"
has to be set in the "conf.py" and "Makefile" as well.

BTW, the symlink should go from "README.html" to "Index.html"
(capital "I").

Currently we have:
DirectoryIndex index.php Index.html index.html

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de