[TYPO3-doc] README.rst vs. Documentation/Index.rst

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jun 19 10:11:39 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

>>> Make a noise when that Settings.yml is there!
>> I've added it also to
>>
>> - http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/contexts/
>> - http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/contexts_wurlf/
>
> Could you please check why the docs there do not get rendered?

Just had a look, the script for EXT:contexts (and I guess _wurlf) is not
aware of your README.rst, it waits for a standard Documentation/Index.rst.

I just checked with your other contexts_geolocation and found a
difference in the Makefile (info for me :D) in t3x-contexts.git.make,
with constant T3DOCDIR pointing to Documentation/ instead of root.

I just triggered a rebuild. This gets a bit further but not enough. Then
I found that the conf.py was different as well for definition of
t3DocTeam['relpath_to_master_doc']

I triggered another rebuild and now it seems to be working a little more
"properly".

Regarding your other question, why you get a listing of all files, I
found the reason quite easily, as it looked like a standard listing from
Apache, I pointed out that you did not have a default file (index.html),
only a README.html. Currently the server configuration shows all files
when no default file is found, but just as on Github, you may include a
README.html file to the listing of files and this is why it got rendered
after the listing.

I could change the server configuration to allow README.html as default
file as well but instead, as we may want to keep the default behavior
for special use cases such as explaining stuff when accessing _make/
directory in future, instead I changed the builder_script to symlink
README.html as index.html.

Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!