[TYPO3-doc] using reST for printed documents

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Wed Jun 19 06:00:29 CEST 2013

Hi reST experts.

We are considering creating company-internal manuals (e.g. training
material for TYPO3 editors we train) in reST format (well, converting
existing manuals into reST). In most cases, we provide a printed version
of these manuals during our training sessions and offer an electronic
version as PDF.

I wonder if someone already tested such a process, e.g. a working
"output-to-PDF" workflow, etc.? I would also appreciate any comments,
practical tips, known issues and challenges around using the reST format
as the basis for a printed version of the document at the end. Things
like having page breaks, etc. come to my mind.

Cheers
Michael