[TYPO3-doc] README.rst vs. Documentation/Index.rst

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Jun 13 08:06:04 CEST 2013

Hi,

>> 5. Make the TYPO3 documentation generator recognize README.rst
>> This is the solution I'd prefer. Includes to Documentation/ are
>> still possible without breaking anything, and if you split your
>> manual into several rst files, you could at least have the most
>> basic information about the extension in the README.rst file
>>
>> What do you say? Do you care about supporting README.rst at al
>
> Yes please always fill a README.rst file. This makes it easier to look at an
> extension.

For EXT:sphinx I would suggest following:

- If EXT/Documentation/Index.rst exists, render this "standard"
documentation
- Otherwise if EXT/README.rst exists, render this one file instead

Concepts of the documentation module of EXT:sphinx will serve as working
base for an official module, so please comment if you have ideas.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!