[TYPO3-doc] RFC: Request rendering through web service

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jun 8 16:59:10 CEST 2013

Hi Karsten,

> My suggestion for the payload:
>
> repositoryType: ter|git
> packageKey: ... (for ter)
> repository: ... (for git)
>
> The latter would be the full URI to fetch from (i.e. what you would give
> to "git clone" as well).
>
> The request would be answered with an appropriate status code (of
> course) and a JSON body that includes any (error) messages and some id
> that can be used to check the status of the job (via jobs/<id> or
> similar) that was hopefully queued.

That sounds all good. One additional thing we should keep in mind is
some form of security. If the endpoint is totally open, there's a real
risk of it being DOS'ed. A simple system might be to have a white list
of requesters. We could also imagine some form of handshake, but that
would of course make the requesting scripts more complex.

I wouldn't want to invest too much time into that right now. The budget
is limited and the priority is to get the process running the full round
trip. However it's something that we should keep in mind.

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch
TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/
Appreciate my work? Support me -
http://www.monpetitcoin.com/en/francois/support-me/