[TYPO3-doc] Editing Extension Manual

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Jun 3 08:32:00 CEST 2013

Hi,

Some feedback of what happened these last few days:

- Use of docheader-like toolbar => better integration into TYPO3 (+
edit/save/save and close buttons)

- I post-process the JSON output while showing a chapter to transform
property tables (defined as definition lists!) into nice-looking, well,
property tables as with TSref on docs.typo3.org

- The extension automatically remembers last shown extension + layout
used and for each extension's manual, the chapter being read so that you
automatically jump back to it when you open the module/manual again

- If you have pdflatex installed, the layout menu lets you compile as
PDF and taking for granted that your browser uses pdf.js

- The design of the "interactive" layout (docs.typo3.org -like) is now
locally included, making it possible to browse manuals offline. And the
links in the orange navigation bar pointing to Flow/Neos manuals and
other TYPO3-related documentations are using absolute references making
it possible to browse those online resources as well

I rewrote 3 of my extension manuals:

- EXT:sphinx
- EXT:restdoc
- EXT:image_autoresize

where I used admonitions, property tables, cross-links (TS configuration
part of EXT:restdoc for cObject and stdWrap pointing to TSref -
something that even the official doc is missing ;-) )

I plan to extensively test before releasing a new version not because of
changes in EXT:sphinx but due to bigger changes that were already in the
pipeline for EXT:restdoc.

Any test and feedback before official release is of course appreciated!

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!