[TYPO3-doc] Comments for documentation: In our wiki? In our forum?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 10:37:23 CEST 2013

Hello,

quoting from another thread about the possible benefits of having
comments on documentation pages:

> > What are we really trying to benefit with this comment embedding?

> Basically the same that www.php.net/manual/en/ benefits from
> (possibly with a higher quality due to the voting functionality):

> * Additional explanations/code snippets amending the documentation
> * Corrections that might make it into the official docs
> * Better interaction with the community

I assume that for several good reasons we won't be using a foreign
service like Disqus for this. On the other hand we don't have much
manpower at hand.

Two still very incomplete ideas come creeping up in my mind again
and again:

- Can we make use of our Wiki for this?
- Can we use our mailinglists/forum for this?

Just thinking aloud:

What if we place a link on each documentation page that links to a
corresponding Wiki page? Like:
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Introduction/  ->
http://wiki.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Introduction/

Or if we had a mailing list for comments (mirrored at
forum.typo3.org) and we would have a link on each documentation
page that links to comments for that page in the list?

Feel free to continue with this ideas ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de