[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Feb 22 16:33:42 CET 2013

Hi Christian,

> regarding review system there is much we oculd do with Github. We had a
> nice chat with one of the Github guys as our codesprint lately and they
> told us that there are possibilites for code reviews and hooking in.
> Karsten and Robert know more.

Any way to know more about this?

That being said, it is not critical for documentation to loose
interaction with Gerrit, as we have a very small team and simply cannot
review each other's work. We also have a great trust in each of the few
team members. So anyone of us just validating pull requests would be enough.

Another point though is that this works of course only for projects
hosted on Github, which would be fine for TYPO3 CMS official manuals
which are stand-alone projects, but will not be convenient for projects
hosted elsewhere and for which we would still be rendering the
documentation (i.e. Flow, Neow, TYPO3 CMS extensions).

A solution might be to separate documentation from these packages. Or
wait and see if everything moves to Github anyway ;-)