[TYPO3-doc] New 4.5 branch for Core APIs (and Git branches in general)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Feb 14 21:52:49 CET 2013

Hi all,

> - place yourself on the master branch and make sure you are up to date
> (git pull).
> - do the following 2 commands:
>
> git branch doc_core_api_4-5
> git push origin doc_core_api_4-5
>
> Such a push doesn't go via Gerrit, so the result is immediate.

To complete these explanations I should add the following (which I
discovered in the meantime): when such a local branch is created and
then pushed to make it a remote one, the local branch is not
automatically set to track the new remote one. This may lead you to be
surprised when trying to push from that branch the first time. To
correct this, do the following:

git checkout doc_core_api_4-5
git branch --track origin/doc_core_api_4-5

BTW I have just created branch doc_core_api_4-6 and will start working
on changes for 4.7, which are very few. Then I'll create the 4-7 branch
and finally move on to 6.0.