[TYPO3-doc] docs.typo3.org URLs

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Feb 13 08:06:52 CET 2013

Hi Robert,

> Yes, that's only fair. So, was there a majority against having the
> link in the main menu labeled "TYPO3" (instead of "CMS")? Because, as
> far as I understand, that should be rather easy to change since the
> URLs don't change.

Actually I had never really paid attention to the menu itself ;-) I
guess it would be better if all items were name "TYPO3 xxx" at that place.

> It's just my own opinion and again, I'm sorry that I saw it this
> late. But I think it would help making the branding less confusing if
> we have the menu item labeled "TYPO3" or "TYPO3 CMS" and not "CMS".
> Neos is also a CMS ...

I suppose so. As I said before, the rebranding was the best we could do
with having what became the brand name already used as a product name.
Confusion is bound to ensue anyway. But obviously using "CMS" alone is
not a good idea.