[TYPO3-doc] Cross-linking to Doxygen

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Aug 23 07:20:19 CEST 2013

Hi Fabien,

> Cool. I guess adding your key to the API server is enough.

As you prefer. I tested locally to generate the index for TYPO3 master
and it works just fine with my script.

So for everyone, here's how it works.

How to generate the Intersphinx mapping
=======================================

- I assume you are located within directory /path/to/api and you
generate the HTML documentation with Doxygen under /path/to/api/html
("html" is the default output directory with Doxygen)
- You will need xmlstarlet (Debian package available) and PHP CLI (any
version)

1) Update your Doxygen configuration to generate XML output (by default
under /path/to/api/xml) by setting:

	GENERATE_XML   =   YES

2) Copy bash script http://forge.typo3.org/issues/41430#note-4 to
/path/to/api
3) Adapt the 4 constants at the beginning to match your configuration,
possibly changing the output directories "html" and "xml"

This will generate an Intersphinx mapping for Sphinx as
html/objects.inv. You can now trash /path/to/api/xml.

That's it!

How to cross-link
=================

Update an Intersphinx mapping to your API in Settings.yml. E.g.,

conf.py
  copyright: 2013
  project: Your project
  version: 1.0
  release: 1.0.0
  intersphinx_mapping:
    t3cmsapi:
    - http://typo3.org/api/typo3cms/
    - null
    t3cmsapi61:
    - http://api.typo3.org/typo3cms/61/html/
    - null
    t3cmsapi60:
    - http://api.typo3.org/typo3cms/60/html/
    - null
    t3cmsapi47:
    - http://api.typo3.org/typo3cms/47/html/
    - null
    t3cmsapi45:
    - http://api.typo3.org/typo3cms/60/html/
    - null

Now cross-link as wanted:

Index.rst:

Please see class
:ref:`t3cmsapi:TYPO3\\CMS\\Core\\Utility\\GeneralUtility` for details.

Special Anchors
===============

A few special anchors are available (standards from Intersphinx,
Docutils and our Documentation Team). Here's the list:

Intersphinx
-----------

modindex -> Classes
genindex -> Class Index

Doxygen
-------

namespaces -> Namespaces
hierarchy -> Class Hierarchy
functions -> Class Members
functions-func -> Functions
variables -> Variables
deprecated -> Deprecated List
todo -> Todo List
test -> Test List
pages -> Related Pages
examples -> Examples

Documentation Team

start -> Homepage of the project (label is the project's name)

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!