[TYPO3-doc] New: Translations in the versionswitcher

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Aug 19 22:37:05 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

Martin Bless wrote:
> The versionswitcher is a bit more "intelligent" now. It'll offer
> translations as well. If the editors have chosen to keep the URLs
> and the same page exists you'll stay on the same page. Otherwise
> you are pointed to the beginning of the other document.

That's really cool!

> Try it:
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/sphinx/
>
> And click "Versions" at the top right.

Thanks :)

PS: I will have to regenerate the French PDF of version 1.1.0 because
somehow it got cleared and replaced by "latest" instead. Same for
English version btw.

PPS: mmh, version 1.0.0 is weird as well, seems you run the script to
create documentation out of TER and this may be related to the problem
above because I've lots of crappy files at root coming from the
automatic conversion from manual.sxw whereas it should not get converted
because I'm providing both a (dumb) manual.sxw and a (clean)
Sphinx-based documentation. Regarding PDF, either there's a bug
somewhere in my script always overriding the version to "latest" or the
conversion script forgets to set something like that.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!