[TYPO3-doc] How to document TypoScript

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Aug 19 15:10:05 CEST 2013

Hi,

After trying quite a few ways of documenting TypoScript properties for
an extension (the "Configuration" chapter), Martin found the best way to
go with:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/Functions/Imagelinkwrap/Index.html

I reworked one of my extension documentation:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/restdoc/latest/Configuration/TxRestdocPi1/Index.html
(and 2 following sections)

and found a few enhancements for what I would label as "best practice":

1) remove subtoc from PDF by using syntax

.. only:: html

	.. contents::
		:local:
		:depth: 1

2) in property table I removed the "s" of "Data types"

3) in property table header, I'm using this header to link to stdWrap
only once (and not on every "yes")

.. container:: ts-properties

	========== =========== ======================= =============
	Property   Data type   :ref:`t3tsref:stdwrap`  Default
	========== =========== ======================= =============

which shows "stdWrap" as title in 3rd column and link it to TSref

4) add an explicit link to every property :

.. _ts-plugin-tx-restdoc-pi1-path:

path
""""

this way "simple link" from property table works (of course) but I may
reference a property from another chapter as well

5) remove the "=" in the property table, for each property because I
don't see the point of it since we already have a clear separation due
to the table's borders

Happy documenting!

--
Xavier Perseguers