[TYPO3-doc] TypoScript highlighting

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Aug 1 18:54:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

3 weeks ago, Michiel Roos implemented a TypoScript lexer for Pygments,
the library providing code source highlighting within ReStructuredText
documents.

I added auto-configuration support within EXT:sphinx (git master) and
this feature will be integrated in version 1.1.0 (no release date
planned yet):

https://forge.typo3.org/issues/49925

The way I implemented it will automatically try to download the latest
version of the lexer and install it whenever you rebuild your Sphinx
environment. Cannot be easier to setup :)

A few issues (mainly due to suboptimal documentation) were detected
during T3DD13. Please try to install EXT:sphinx either from TER or from
Git and report bug because it aims at providing the most easy way to
setup a Sphinx environment locally.

With docs.typo3.org being currently updated to enhance conversion from
OpenOffice to ReST and typo3.org hopefully providing very soon a direct
link to docs.typo3.org, we expect many extension developers to switch
completely to ReST/Sphinx and having tools or tutorials around will make
this a success for everyone.

If you are currently using EXT:sphinx, please give me feedback on how
the extension could be extended to make your documentation work even
easier (e.g., as a "story" in bug tracker).

Thanks for spreading your enthusiasm for ReST!

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!