[TYPO3-doc] Standalone Sphinx

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Apr 19 00:17:26 CEST 2013

Hi Francois,

>> The Sphinx extension (Forge) now comes with a simple Backend module to
>> compile your documentation...:)
>
> The extension tells me to run the update script, but when I run it I
> only get error messages:
>
> Cannot create directory Resources/Private/sphinx.
> Cannot create directory Resources/Private/sphinx-sources.
> Cannot create directory Resources/Private/tmp.
>
> even after setting the extension's directory recursively to 777. Where
> is it trying to write?

I did not (yet) document those directories (but documented everything
else :D)

tmp: to store zip files the versions of sphinx (snapshots from git)
sphinx-sources: the unzipped sources, by version
sphinx: the python libraries, "built" for your python version and your
environment (32/64 bits, ...) out of the sources

Will be interesting to discover why it did not work for you.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!