[TYPO3-doc] commenting systems

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 12 11:11:03 CEST 2013

Hi Steffen,

> One drawback of using external services for comments: The content is
> sourced from an external domain, so search engines probably won't weight
> the comments. Comments mean regular page updates and fresh content,
> which is honored by search engines.

The fact is that currently documentation pages are straight HTML and we
would like them to stay so, because it delivers unbeatable performance
with basic system setup. When we discussed about comments in the past,
we always considered that they would be external. They might not be
hosted on some remote provider, but would be loaded in the page via AJAX.

I'm not sure if anyone knows the real impact of this on SEO. We could
always sacrifice a chicken if all else fails (SCNR).