[TYPO3-doc] License for official TYPO3 documentation, extensions and other stuff

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Wed Oct 31 09:39:42 CET 2012

On 2012-10-30 07:34, François Suter wrote:

> We had a discussion a couple of months ago about changing the
> license, but finally decided to stick to it. You can read the
> discussion there: [...]

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your thoughts, Francois. Much
appreciated!
It seems like I missed this conversation in July 2012.
Very interesting but obviously a lot different opinions :-)

> If it's your own project, like your own podcast, just do whatever you
> want, I suppose.

Reading the thread above, your input, Francois, and some other
resources on the Web and on the Association site, I think I have all
information I need for now. Thanks again :-)

>> The statements at the official TYPO3 website [4] do not cover
>> "non-technical" stuff such as documentation from my perspective.
>
> That's true. I guess we never felt the need until now. I don't know
> if this should be changed.

I will follow further discussions around this topic and support the
idea of reconsidering the current license of non-technical stuff such as
*official* documentation in general.

By the way: I came across some things (after I posted my questions)
which are published under the TYPO3 family umbrella but are licensed
under a Creative Commons License - the TYPO3 logo and the logo guide -
http://typo3.org/the-brand/style-guide/

Cheers
Michael