[TYPO3-doc] TyposcriptReference: [TASK] Improve all ReST and all Images.txt files (done)

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Oct 25 11:00:34 CEST 2012

Good morning,

this kind of postprocessing should have happened right away with
the initial ReST migration. But we didn't have it *then*. But it's
not too late, so we're having it now.

I've used a script to apply these improvements:

1.
clean up the top of each ReST file to consist of:
"For you information comment"
.. include:: (../)* Includes.txt directive
.. include:: Images.txt where appropriate

2.
touch all Images.txt files to make the :width: and :height: option
of images a comment as those values are smaller than the actual
sizes of the images. The values given there correspond to the
former display size in OpenOffice.

3.
strip all trailing whitespace from lines

4.
Use the more compact form to start literal blocks

A. Previous longish notation:

001 see this example:
002
003 ::
004
005     Some literal text

A. New compact notation:

001 see this example::
002
003     Some literal text

B. Previous longish notation:

001 see this example, but no colon here at the end.
002
003 ::
004
005     Some literal text

B. New compact notation:

001 see this example, but no colon here at the end. ::
002
003     Some literal text

C. This instances stay unchanged:

001 A section start (headline)
002 ==========================
003
004 ::
005
006     Some literal text

See
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html#literal-blocks
about the built in "intelligence" of the "::" markup.

And yes, we should run the script on the other documents as well,
I think.

An Angel's Share for you - don't miss that movie! [1]

Martin

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcQIvmR21VU

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de