[TYPO3-doc] Modern / Futuristic template building

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Nov 29 15:55:41 CET 2012

Hi Tolleiv,

> I'd be very interested to know what your plans are with the template
> building related documentations. Up until now the FTB doc has been an
> "official" documentation and it seems that it'll loose that status once
> the move to docs.typo3.org is done.

We have a new basic templating tutorial in the making since last year.
It was recently reviewed and we now need to decide how best to improve
it based on this user-testing. I don't believe that it will be finished
this year, but hopefully early next year.

It will be a basic in the sense that it will use only TypoScript and
markers. When we decided to revamp the old template building tutorials,
we figured it would be better to split them into smaller tutorials, that
could form a learning progression and also branch off into various ways
of templating. So after the basic tutorial (which itself comes after TS
in 45 minutes), there could be a tutorial using automaketemplate,
another using TV and yet another using Fluid templates.

The obvious problem being lack of resources... But we really can't let
those old tutorials be available anymore. They look totally out of date
and they are definitely neither modern, nor futuristic, although they
are still perfectly valid from a conceptual point of view.

What do you think?