[TYPO3-doc] Progress: Much better rendering of manuals is online

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Nov 26 12:43:57 CET 2012

François,

>Next up are the reference tables, I guess?

Yes ... - well:

To let people understand: We are talking of pages like this one
[1]:
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/Functions/Stdwrap/Index.html

Here we have a rendering of those old "property tables" we had in
the old Tsref for example. Part of it should be rewritten using
normal words to make it understandable. Which would also mean we
would have a better ReST markup for those texts.

Part of it should be styled better.

But: I've done already a lot about it!

The Sphinx renderer now recognizes (some) of those old table
structures and transforms them to a container (<div>...</div>)
structure. On the way it adds a lot of CSS-classes of which only
some are defined at the moment. So [1] doesn't look too bad now
already.

Task#1
Yes, task#1 would be to tweak those styles. I'm linking ALL pages
to just one single CSS-file at the moment! So if we change
something there it takes effect instantaneously everywhere.

Task#2:
If you find the Sphinx renderer doesn't transform a structure
where you think it should it may be the case that we have to add
the column names to the Sphinx extensions that does that
transformation. For an explanation see:
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/Overview/ToBeDone/Transformations.html

write on ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de