[TYPO3-doc] reporting dead links

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 12 11:22:24 CET 2012

Hi Gour,

Welcome here! :-)

> New TYPO3 user here browsing all available online docs trying to get
> somewhat familiar with the basics...wondering what is the best place to
> report about dead links I stumble upon?

We are currently migrating the whole documentation to ReStructured Text
format. Thanks to this we're going to have a safe way of cross-linking
between documents, something which we didn't have before, hence the many
broken links.

This means that I'm not sure it's worth reporting all broken links that
currently exist. OTOH it could help us make sure that they are not
broken anymore after the migration.

The right place to report broken links is to open a Forge issue in the
relevant bug tracker. Each manual has its own bug tracker, e.g. for
TSref it's http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-doc_core_tsref/issues

Please open a single issue per manual and add broken links as you find them.

Thanks.