[TYPO3-doc] Migration of doc_template completed (for extension developers)

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue May 29 22:48:20 CEST 2012

Martin,

> I'm curious to see what looks like on a translation server. Can we
> have a test somewhere?

We will have it right away on http://translation.typo3.org when I know
which documentation to start with (and remember the naming convention we
decided back then :D)

Basically the process (described in the wiki) is like that:

1) Run "make gettext" - this basically extracts all paragraphs of text
into a .pot (text) file
2) Upload these .pot files into Pootle into the templates project
3) Synchronize all languages based on changes into the templates project
4) Update the translation
5) Copy the .po (text with English+Translation, just like the translated
XLIFF files) for each language Pootle automatically creates into your
project
6) Run the compiler (locally) to get .mo files
7) Compile your documentation by specifying the language overlay to be
used - this will overlay each paragraph with the translated version, if
available, otherwise will let it untouch, in English

The script I provided will automatically compile the .po files and
generate the doc in all languages.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6