[TYPO3-doc] Migration of doc_template completed (for extension developers)

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue May 29 19:06:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Ideally, we use Poodle for translation. Have a look at what Xavier already
> found out:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/Localization_(reST)
>
> So we need kind of a service that pushes a new version to Pootle
> (http://translation.typo3.org/). Maybe Jenkins can be used for this.

I created a small script on my own Pootle server to pull from my Git
repository daily and update the Pootle templates, just like it is done
(I guess for the time being +/- as prototype) on translation.typo3.org
for extensions.

My script then package the translations. Goal when I have 1-2 hours will
be to push back to the repository when there were updates to the
translations.

I have then a small bash script around a modified version of the default
sphinx's Makefile to create the compiled version of the language
overlays and compile the documentation in each and every language I
prepared my documentation for.

Straightforward! I may share those scripts if one is interested, not
much magic!

Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!