[TYPO3-doc] Help with the migration to reST

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon May 28 20:55:58 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Back from week-end ;-)

> Q: Didn't we want to have a subfolder "Documentation" in there as
> starting point?

Yes. I should have mentioned it, I meant to change that in a second
step, getting rid of the weird "img-2-tca-reference" folder. I
originally thought about sticking to UpperCamelCase'in in a first step.

But it's fine now that Christopher has done this too.

The main reason I waited for this step is that - in order to be complete
- it also means removing the Index.rst file that's at the same level as
"img-2-tca-reference" and I wanted to get a bit more familiar with the
reST structure before doing this.

I'm fine with committing the patch as is, and tackling this point later.

> I made a parallel folder 'Tca.git.make' to hold the makefile and
> conf.py:

I must admit that I'm a bit lost here, as I didn't check out how the
rendering works at all yet. What does conf.py contain? How specific is
it for each manual, or on the contrary how general?

I asked for - mostly Martin's (originally) - opinion about my changes to
know whether there were some gross mistakes from a reST point of view. I
haven't yet everything installed locally as needed to test the
rendering, which is obviously something necessary, at least for doing
such heavy-duty restructuring.