[TYPO3-doc] Makefile and conf.py for new reSt repos

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri May 25 23:14:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

as said in http://review.typo3.org/11623, I would like to have a makefile
and a conf.py in each repository.
I prefer the have those inside the rest-tools repository (or any other one)
and to just copy the it to other repositories if it is changed. Another
option would be to have config submodule in each repository and to symlink
the makefile and conf.py to that folder. That might give troubles on Windows
- I have not tried yet.

The conf.py must be dynamic enough to either allow setting the template path
via a environment variable or to find a default path like ../typo3-
template/.
If we go the submodule way, then the template can be inside the config
folder although that means that the folder needs space on disk for each
config repository.

Also is should be possible to easily create translations like Xavier
outlines (that means to pass the language parameters to  sphinx).

As a *user* I just want to setup python-sphinx in the most strait forward
way possible, clone a documentation git repository and run "make html" (or
any other simple command) to get the rendering.
Otherwise we will not get the ease of contributing we hope to archive with
the move to reSt.

Note: If git handles symlinks right on Windows, I do prefer to have a config
(or whatever name fits) submodule that includes all files needed and shared
between the repositories.

Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!