[TYPO3-doc] reST DocTemplate for Extension Developer - first draft

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed May 2 21:37:49 CEST 2012

[Fabien Udriot] wrote & schrieb:

>About the best ever reST editor.

What I learned from this discussion so far is: people will probably
mostly use as editor what they are using anyway. Although I must say
that is pays out if you really invest some time to find out how to use
your editor best. But its a hard job and people will gladly accept
tips on how they can make their lives easier.

>I have started to draw up a list of editors in doc_template that we can recommend for writing
>extension documentation.

That's very good. Although I would say: Let's set up a web page for
this or a page in the Wiki. And in the example document just include a
pointer.

>If there already exists resource [1] on the web, I would like to come up with a list of editors that
>are well tested, stable and really helpful. In other words, it should bring something in term of
>reST support such as syntax highlighting, live converting HTML or be integrated in the main PHP IDE.

What we actually need is a "Editors: Features for ReST Matrix"

Most important feature for me: "Column Selection Mode". Is a K.O.
criterium for me. Other important features: Replace tabs by spaces,
un/indent marked lines by shift/tab, ability to join/split lines

>Are there any experience with reST Netbeans plugins?

I tried hard on Netbeans. Works, but is not my first choice.

>Shall I mention this Editra.org?

Yes, definitely. As I said: Opensource, capable, multiplatform, free
of costs and under development. Would be my recommendation to many
people if looking for an editor.

cu, Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de