[TYPO3-doc] Meta data in conf.py

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Jun 18 20:46:45 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your input on the matter, very detailed and instructive, as
usual.

> Hhm, any clarity left?

It's crystal clear now :-)

> - one file ./Documentation/Index.rst is the smallest documentation
> project
>
> - stuff in ./Documentation/_make is an optional service we provide in
> official docs
>
> - we could implement a non perfect way to fetch meta data from the
> Index.rst at the risk of getting a nonperfect result. Would be no
> problem.
>
> - we could later introduce a configuration file in Yaml or so when we
> see the need. In that case it should be part of the documentation,
> like ./Documentation/Settings.yml or so.

That sounds good. I think there's nothing left to settle for now. We can
go ahead and start improving the existing docs. In the meantime I have
started discussions in the Core list about the workflow at it relates to
Core development and things seem to settle quickly there too. I guess by
the end of the week I'll write an announcement about the state of the
situation, maybe after Thursday's meeting, so I can get the latest news in.