[TYPO3-doc] Meta data in conf.py

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jun 16 10:50:37 CEST 2012

Hi all,

We have not finished with this topic.

> I'm fine with having a Yaml file, since we seem to need some
> configuration file anyway. And FLOW3 also uses Yaml for configuration,
> so it should be known to developers.
>
> What about Philipp's remark? Would it be possible to take the metadata
> from the Yaml file and inject it into the reST file?
>
> That being said I would really prefer to have the bibliographical data
> in Index.rst as it makes it stand alone: someone can take that file and
> still get its context.

What solution should we aim for? What could be retrieved from Index.rst?

If we go for a Yaml file, should we really put it somewhere inside the
"Documentation" folder or could it go into "Configuration/Settings.yaml"
like a FLOW3 package? Or should it rather be XML data in
"Meta/Package.xml", again à la FLOW3?

> But back to my original question, Martin, you didn't seem to know
> exactly what we would use conf.py for. Can we do without it at first?
> But it seemed be necessary for local rendering, is that true? Could a
> generic conf.py be used?

Martin, my question is still unanswered. Can you help me understand the
situation better, please?