[TYPO3-doc] [resST migration] FLOW3/Documentation teams meeting

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jun 14 13:45:36 CEST 2012

Hi Steffen,

>> - embedded documentation: the documentation could also be embedded into
>> >  existing sites. The FLOW3 team has experimented with this for
>> >  flow3.typo3.org. Xavier has also created a TYPO3 plugin for this [1], so
>> >  the possibilities are there, although this is not the top priority.
>
> So what are the current plans here with integrating them into typo3.org?
>
> Lot of people would prefer to have it there instead of on an extra site.

The plans are no further than this for now. For us it's still a second
step. The most important next step is to have a complete rendering chain
from the manuals being ready for release, taken up on the rendering
server for transformation from reST to HTML, PDF, whatever else, and
posted to some central documentation platform. In English.

Once that is working we can look at further steps, one being the
integration into typo3.org. We have heard the call and we'll do it. I
just can't promise when, although I agree that this may cause an uneasy
transition phase.

The "lot of people" can help make it come true faster.