[TYPO3-doc] Official Docs in ReST format: First 18 now with Git/Gerrit workflow

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jun 13 23:30:52 CEST 2012

[Fabien Udriot] wrote & schrieb:

>Thanks, indeed.
>
>I am just surprised by the "_not_versioned" folder that we have in our version management system ;)
>
>http://goo.gl/qhcrz
>
>Fb.

You should read "_not_versioned" as "the /content/ of this folder
_not_versioned is not versioned. But the folder is expected and should
exist."

To have that folder was my idea. To my feelings "temp" doesn't express
clear enough that this is a folder that

- may contain valuable stuff
- but still stuff that shouldn't be versioned
- and was meant to be an unusual name so that I can find it using
  "find . -type d -name _not_versioned"
  This is handy for compiling scripts.

The "_not_versioned" folder is used for intermediate files when
converting an OpenOffice document initially. One may want to keep
those files.

And it will receive the "warnings.txt" file when you do a "make" at
home.

... dream a little dream ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de