[TYPO3-doc] Official docs: Mostly CamelCased now (to be pushed again)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jun 8 14:32:37 CEST 2012

Hi,

> * When cleaning up the files, we could introduce a "Readme.rst" at the root of the repository as a
> good practice. See below (1) if unclear. This files would contains info towards new users so that
> they would know at a glance what it is about. The content of the file could be "injected" in the
> main documentation by the include directive in file Index.rst whenever rendering. Readme file is a
> standard on many development platform and people are used to it.

I could imagine having such a file as a replacement for the current
plain-text README, but I wouldn't reuse it in the documentation. The
question is about it's real use. If it's not used in the documentation
it does not need to be in reST. Plain-text is fine. On Github it's
common to have the README in  markdown format. Does reST work too? If
not, I would not impose any standard and let developers adopt whatever
they feel works best (unless we get a Github-like feature on Forge).

> * Are we going to add a "ext_emconf.php" file? More than the need to install the documentation
> package in the Extension Manager, the file contains metadata information that are standardized
> across TYPO3 extensions that we can extract at the rendering stage...

The official documentation is not meant to be extensions anymore, so I
would say no. I don't think we need that. And FLOW3 packages don't have
that anyway, so it's a "standard" only with regards to actual TYPO3 v4/6
extensions.