[TYPO3-doc] Official docs: Mostly CamelCased now (to be pushed again)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Jun 4 09:55:43 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

> No problem. We can rearrange everything like that without loosing
> anything.

I guess so, we just need every one to agree on a structure that
satisfies all needs and expectations ;-)

> "Package" is the general name for a bundle of files that have
> documentation: an official doc, a TYPO3 extension, a FLOW3 package -
> as you outlined above.

Right.

> The smallest documentation project we recognize is then just one
> single ReST file in a subfolder "Documentation". So that's *mandatory*
> to have.
>
> Package/
> |-- Documentation/
>      |-- Index.rst

That sounds very good.

> Everything else is optional but follows some rules. The Package
> maintainers may extended the contents of Documentation/ by any number
> of ReST files, images, included files and subfolders as long as they
> represent a valid Sphinx project start at Documentation/Index.rst

Sounds good too.

> There is one reserved subfoldername though: "_make". This subfolder is
> entrance to the experts cave:
>
> Package/
> |-- Documentation/
>      |-- Index.rst
>      |-- _make/   ((reserved name, optional))
>          |-- ...  ((advanced stuff))

Much better :-)

> CodingGuidelines.git
> |
> |-- Documentation/
>      |-- .gitignore           (1)
>      |-- Index.rst
>      |-- MorePureDocumentation/
>      |-- ...
>      |-- _make/
>          |-- conf.py
>          |-- make.bat
>          |-- make-html.bat    (2)
>          |-- Makefile
>          |-- build/
>              |-- .gitignore   (3)
>              |-- html/
>              |-- json/
>              |-- singlehtml/
>              |-- ...
>          |-- _not_versioned/
>              |-- .gitignore   (4)

I like that structure much better.

Xavier, Fabien, what do you think? Can this structure match the needs
you highlighted?

> Tool: RenderOfficialDocsFirsttime
>
> As posted already I published a first release of this tool in
> http://git.typo3.org/Documentation/RestTools.git
> [snip]
> Cool, isn't it?

Indeed, this is really great!