[TYPO3-doc] Documentation license

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Jul 23 22:38:27 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I think we discussed this 1-2 years ago as part of the migration to
DocBook, but it seems the topic was never raised in the newsgroup.

Our documentation is currently using the Open Content License [1] which
is very old and not evolving anymore. I would propose to move to
Creative Commons, which is far better known. We would need to decide
which exact kind of license we would use [2]. I would go for
"Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike" which is closest to the GPL IMO.

A possible alternative - although not as well-known - could be the GNU
Free Documentation License [3].

What do you think? Do you know other alternatives worth considering? Has
the FLOW3 team already chosen a license by any chance?

Your feedback is welcome.

[1] http://www.opencontent.org/opl.shtml
[2] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License