[TYPO3-doc] GIT howto preview Tutorials - here: doc_tut_editors

Henning Nelihsen hn at maixit.de
Mon Dec 17 13:36:51 CET 2012

Hello François, hello Martin,

thank you for your feedback …

>> Note (to all team members): I decided to update this tutorial's version
>> number to 6.0.0 rather than 1.6.0 as I think this tutorial really
>> follows TYPO3 versions and should be numbered accordingly. I hope you
>> will agree.
>
> Fine, that makes sense.
yes indeed

>> Please check out the Getting Started tutorial too. It is meant to
>> describe the TYPO3 backend more in depth, so just make sure to avoid
>> creating duplicate content between the two tutorials. But otherwise,
>> yes, that's perfectly fine.
>
> While duplicate content in general is not what we want it's more
> important for me to have /complete/ manuals which make sense out
> of their own. So I wouldn't mind /some/ duplicate content.
my experience is, that doc_tut_quickstart is in complete too much to beginners, and doc_tut_editors does not cover enough issues.
So, as it's OK with you, I will go one with doc_tut_editors … perhaps it's possible to use identical passages in both tutorials?

>> BTW we have rules for Git commit messages [1]. They are originally for the TYPO3 Core, but we follow them for documentation patches too.

and sorry for the incomplete commit message, I will improve myself next time

> About the screenshots:
> They are large and full size which is good and which is what I
> recommend. At the moment I've added a
>   .doc p { overflow: auto; }
> rule to the CSS. That gives us scroll bars if needed.
thx

overall I want to say, that documentation rules are very well "documented" , and it was as ease to get connected to your ideas and goals.

and one more simple question: Where do I get high resolutions of the icons - > to use them for improved screenshots?

--
Gruss, Henning